Data-based resourcing increases Castrén & Snellman’s client and employee satisfaction
Castrén & Snellman Attorneys is one of Finland’s leading law firms. Its ambition is to build sustainable success stories with its clients.
Well-being at work is one of Castrén & Snellman’s key success factors. Law is a hectic business, where optimal resources and an up-to-date situational picture are particularly important in terms of well-being. All this is supported by Staria’s BI & Planning solution, which Castrén & Snellman uses for a diverse range of reporting in various areas of operations.
The world has changed rapidly in recent years, perhaps more rapidly than ever before. The creation of an up-to-date situational picture and various tools that support predicting the future have been vital for many companies, including Castrén & Snellman.
– The number and pace of changes have increased in recent years. It’s important for us to be able to create a situational picture quickly based on various data. This enables us to create different scenarios and operating models concerning our future as a company. With accurate information, we can make decisions more quickly, says Oskari Gestrin, Chief Financial Officer at Castrén & Snellman.
Staria's BI & Planning solution
Oskari Gestrin, CFO, Castrén & Snellman
Complex data in an easy-to-understand format
Castrén & Snellman implemented Staria’s BI & Planning tool in 2021. The tool combines data from multiple sources and visualises complex data in an easily understandable format. By means of analytics, this data can be used to create an up-to-date situational picture. Controller Eetu Salminen currently uses BI & Planning to develop knowledge-based management at Castrén & Snellman.
– Staria’s BI & Planning makes my daily work much easier. Instead of collecting data from different sources and combining it manually in Excel, I can use predefined data models that include the data. Data is combined using the star schema, and thanks to that I can focus more on analysing data and finding relevant figures, Salminen explains.
– For me, the ease of reporting has been one of the biggest surprises. To describe it with a metaphor, creating reports in BI & Planning is sort of like playing with Lego. Absolutely no programming or coding skills are required, you can only focus on finding answers to the relevant questions, Salminen says.
Eetu Salminen, Controller, Castrén & Snellman
Minna Miettinen, Legal Project Manager, Castrén & Snellman
BI & Planning supports a fair division of work
Castrén & Snellman invests heavily in well-being at work. Experts who enjoy their work provide clients with the best possible service. BI & Planning enables work to be divided as evenly as possible between employees based on their schedules, workload and skills. Minna Miettinen, the Legal Project Manager of the team specialising in acquisitions, is responsible for resourcing for her team.
– We have created reports in BI & Planning with various timelines that include information about what each team and individual is working on, their workloads and who is able to start working on new projects, Miettinen explains.
BI & Planning can almost be compared to an assistant.
– Whenever I start making new resourcing decisions, I check the reports for the work situation and the people who are able to take on new work, even in other teams. When the work is divided as evenly as possible between experts, the client always has access to a team that can provide a fresh approach and the best possible quality of expertise, Miettinen describes.
The right people with the right tasks ensure an excellent client experience
Castrén & Snellman has grown rapidly in recent years, and its growth continues. Law is a hectic business to begin with, and the rapidly changing world ups the pace a notch. This further increases the importance of well-being at work.
– We have received good feedback from our team members, saying that work is distributed even more evenly now that decision-making is based on better data, Miettinen rejoices.
– By ensuring well-being at work, we can provide our clients with solutions that have the right people taking care of the right tasks at the right time This serves, both internally and externally, what we aspire to be as a law firm, Gestrin sums up.